Dr. Rojas is a fully trained trained Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon before becoming a Board Certified Anesthesiologist and Interventional Pain Management Physician. This mixed training provides her exceptional knowledge of and special insights into musculoskeletal, and other pain issues. She speaks fluent English and Spanish.
Dr. Rojas believes better outcomes are obtained when the patient is an active participant in their own journey of recovery and improvement. She works closely with the patient and consults their Primary Care Physicians, and other specialists to define the best individual course of treatment for each patient. She practices medicine with kindness and good bedside manner, listening to and examining each patient with respect. She treats each patient as a whole, and closely considers each individual’s indications and symptoms. Dr. Rojas frequently reviews images with the patient while clearly explaining possible causes of pain.
Dr. Rojas’s treats the entire spectrum of Pain Management, and has special interest in musculoskeletal, joints, spine pathology and regenerative medicine. Different multimodal therapies are recommended, depending on each patient’s specific issues, including:
- Non pharmacological: Physical Therapy, Acupuncture, therapeutic massage, TENS unit, chiropractic treatments, biofeedback, meditation, relaxation techniques, gentle Yoga and Tai Chi.
- Pharmacological: mainly non opiate medications, and opiates for indicated cases.
- Interventional Procedures: under X rays or Ultrasound
- Spinal injections (Epidural, facet blocks, Radiofrequency ablation)
- Joint injections
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Regenerative Medicine Procedures, such as Platelet Rich Plasma therapy, Stem Cells, exosomes.
- Board Certified in Anesthesiology by the American Board of Anesthesiology
- Board Certified in Interventional Pain Management by American Board of Anesthesiology/Pain Management
- Interventional Pain Physician at Neurosurgery and Spine Consultants, San Antonio, TX
- Assistant Professor at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine and the Veterans Administration Hospital, Miami, FL
- Interventional Pain Physician at Comprehensive Interventional Pain Management, Hallandale and Miami, FL
- Interventional Pain Management, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- Anesthesiology Residency. University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. Miami, FL
- Hand Surgery-Orthopedics Fellowship, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- Orthopaedics Residency, Fundacion Universitaria Ciencias de la Salud, Bogota, COL.
- Medicine, Rosario University Bogota, COL.
- Member of the American Society of Anesthesiology
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia
- American Association of Orthopaedic Medicine